March 10, 2011

Lam Village

My mum and grandmother grew up in Lam Village. We visited this little village frequently before my grandmother has passed away. Grandma's house was surrounded by banana trees, and flowers which I could make my rings. I played alone at the balcony, and the bubble water was made with grandma's detergent which I appreciated most at her home!

I love the butter-mint candies at the cupboard...maybe they were bought by Aunt/Uncle at Marks & Spencer in London. Mum and grandma did not appreciate the wishing tree near their house. They wondered how it became a wishing tree, as it has been playing a role of 'protector' in the village. All of us liked the guava tree in front of the house although it was dying and only one guava hanging on the branch...we all were not allowed to pick it.

Lam Village is now a famous tourist spot in HK, due to the fame of wishing tree. However, it is never our favorite place again since it is crowed with visitors and houses...

I am glad to visit Ma Shi Po, which reminded me the old scene of Lam Village. I hope the natural environment can be remained in HK.

No comments: